GetFundedAfrica is a cloud-based software company focused on building apps that enable businesses grow, tell their stories and get funded.
GetFundedAfrica has worked with hundreds of companies in 34 African countries and these companies have raised $400m over the last 2 years. You will gain insight on how to raise funds for your business as well as how to invest in businesses. We will explore the funding process, gain insight into the different types of investors and investment avenues, and leverage a combination of content including videos, exercises, case studies, to make your online experience engaging & fun.
What is included in the course?
Understanding investment readiness, investor types, fundraising stages, fundraising terminologies, fundraising round, how to develop a pitch deck, how to pitch to investors, how to hire the right team.
Over the course of the program, you will gain insight on how to raise funds for your business as well as how to invest in businesses.
We will explore the funding process, gain insight into the different types of investors and investment avenues, and leverage a combination of content including videos, lecture notes, exercises, case studies, and class discussions to make your online experience engaging & fun.
- Internet access
- Device needed : Laptop/Mobile Device/Tablet/Computer
Estimated Course Duration
With the array of courses, the time frame to complete the course is estimated at 5 hours. However, it can be self-paced.
- Enable business founders/entrepreneurs to learn how to raise significant amounts of funding.
- Focus on growing and scaling their businesses.
- Emphasize providing value in society.
What this program covers
This online program is unique in the way it approaches entrepreneurship from a funding standpoint and takes a ‘two-hats’ approach to venture capital, exploring it from both the founder and investor perspective.
As an entrepreneur, you’ll learn how the entire financing life cycle works, and discover how to attract investors, create a business model, demonstrate traction and reach an agreement on a deal. As an investor, you’ll learn critical skills you can draw on to evaluate a venture based on information such as its financial projections. You will learn how to assess a company and its industry, and be able to use this understanding to make informed decisions about investments.
At the end of the course, you are expected to have:
- Gain insight on fundraising for your business and investing in businesses.
- Explore the funding process and understand different types of investors and investment avenues.
- Engage in a combination of content including videos, exercises, and case studies.
- Understand words like Bootstrapping, Equity, Venture debts, Funding rounds.
- Enjoy an engaging and fun online learning experience.
Certificate of Completion
All participants who complete the course will receive a certificate of completion from GetFundedAfrica